VETREMOX is a fine, white to cream powder containing 100% Amoxicillin trihydrate Ph.Eur. for the medication of chickens and turkeys.
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum semi-synthetic penicillin which is bactericidal against a wide range of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria, e.g.
Chickens - E.coli, Pasteurella spp and Erysipelothrix spp.
Turkeys - Pasteurella multocida
Dosage and administration
VETREMOX should be administered via the drinking water at a dose rate of 20mg/kg live weight. It is recommended that a representative sample of birds is weighed to assist in calculating the total dose to be administered to the group.
Chickens: the dose should be administered daily during 3 to 5 days, depending on clinical response.
Turkeys: The dose should be administered on days 1, 3 and 5 of the treatment period.
Calculate the quantity of Vetremox powder required to provide one dose to all of the birds in the affected house and administer this via the drinking water.
Method of administration
WHILST HANDLING THE PRODUCT WEAR WATERPROOF GLOVES AT ALL TIMES - See Operator Safety.
Administration via a header tank
1. First add the required quantity of Vetremox powder to 10 litres of tepid water in a clean container and stir vigorously for one minute.
2. Then immediately add this stock solution to the water in the header tank and stir gently. N.B. Very hard mains water may produce some cloudiness when Vetremox Powder has been added but this will not affect the drug in any way.
3. Turn off the water supply to the header tank until all the medicated water is consumed. After all the medicated water has been consumed, resume the supply of unmedicated water.
4. After all the medicated water has been consumed, resume the supply of unmedicated water.
5. Do not supply unmedicated water and medicated water at the same time.
Administration via Portable Drinkers
Clean Portable Drinkers may be used when medicating young birds or small groups of birds. Add the required quantity of Vetremox Powder to the water and stir well.
Contra-indications, warnings, etc
1. Chickens for human consumption must not be slaughtered during treatment or for 2 days after the last treatment. Turkeys for human consumption must not be slaughtered during treatment or for 5 days after the last treatment.
2. Vetremox must not be administered to chickens or turkeys laying eggs intended for human consumption.
3. In common with all other penicillins, amoxicillin should not be used orally or parenterally in rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils or other very small herbivores.
Whilst handling the product wear waterproof gloves at all times. When adding Vetremox Powder to water, keep the neck of the powder container below the level of the water while emptying, in order to minimise the presence of dust.
Vetremox contains a penicillin. Penicillins and cephalosporins may cause hypersensitivity (allergy) following injection, inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Hypersensitivity to penicillins may lead to cross-reactions to cephalosporins and vice versa. Allergic reactions to these substances may occasionally be serious
Do not handle this product if you know you are sensitised, or if you have been advised not to work with such preparations.
Handle this product with great care to avoid exposure, taking all recommended precautions. Avoid skin contact. If you develop symptoms following exposure such as skin rash, you should seek medical advice and show the doctor this warning. Swelling of the face, lips or eyes or difficulty in breathing are more serious symptoms and require urgent medical attention.
Avoid skin contact. Wash hands after use.
Store in the original container, tightly closed, in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
The product remains stable for 18 months in original closed container. Any medicated water which has not been consumed within 24 hours should be discarded.
Dispose of any unused product and empty containers in accordance with guidance from your local waste authority.
Keep out of the reach of children.
For animal treatment only.
POM-V (previously POM).
75g, 200g, 500g polypropylene tubs with polyethylene lids.
Marketing authorisation number
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
No weight limit
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Due to the large volume of parcels Royal Mail and Parcel Force handle over the Christmas period, we advise you give as much time as possible to receive your goods. Please ensure you order any essentials, such as prescription only medicines and diets, as soon as possible for UK delivery before Christmas.
Last posting dates to expect goods before Christmas
Royal Mail - Wednesday 14th December
Parcel Force - Friday 16th December
Fast Track - Wednesday 21st December
Hyperdrug.co.uk website is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Office Opening hours
Monday 19th - Friday 23rd - OPEN 8am - 5.30pm
Saturday 24th - Tuesday 27th - CLOSED
Wednesday 28th - Friday 30th - OPEN 8am - 5.30pm
Saturday 31st - Monday 2nd - CLOSED
Tuesday 3rd - Friday 6th - OPEN 8am - 5.30pm
Saturday 7th - OPEN 9am - 4pm
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
Simply add an item to your basket
Click view basket/Cart
Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.