Item Number: TOPSPECFB
TopSpec Comprehensive Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘non-heating’ pelleted concentrate that contains no cereal grains and only low levels of sugar and starch. It does contain several supplements combined with a feed designed to promote muscle development and function. A top-specification broad spectrum supplement is backed up by others including a superb hoof supplement, generous levels of anti-oxidants and sophisticated digestive aids.
When TopSpec Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore often no need to add any further supplements, other than salt or electrolytes for sweating horses.
This superb specification allows horses to utilise far more nutrients from the forage and straights in their diet, which often means that their hard feed intake can be reduced with many resulting benefits. A complete specification is freely available.
TopSpec Feed Balancer is a very flexible, nutrient-rich feed designed to balance the rations of most horses and ponies simply by adjusting the rate at which it is fed and the products it is fed with.
TopSpec is the only feed balancer in the UK to contain all the following features: -
• A fully comprehensive range of the micronutrients needed to balance feed and improve its utilisation, even in the most demanding or stressful situations.
• Powerful levels of Vitamin E and selenium, vital antioxidants, to neutralise the presence of excess free-radicals and, together with high quality protein, to optimise muscle development and function. Important for broodmares, horses on high oil diets, and horses recovering from ‘tying-up’.
• The level of Biotin (15mg/500kg horse/day) that is scientifically proven to improve hoof quality, plus the levels of methionine, cysteine, lysine, calcium, zinc, copper, iodine, vitamin A and soya oil are known to improve the efficiency of biotin alone. Certain of these nutrients also promote supple skin and a shiny coat.
• Effective levels of protein, vitamins, calcium, phosphorous, copper, zinc and manganese to develop and maintain strong bone.
• Constructive levels of amino acids, complex carbohydrates, antioxidants and MSM to help maintain healthy joints.
• Raised levels of copper, zinc, B vitamins and associated nutrients to optimise haemoglobin levels in blood.
• Generous levels of B vitamins for efficient energy metabolism and vital for horses with compromised hindgut function.
• Two advanced probiotic substances to create a healthy gut environment, optimise fibre digestion and maintain a healthy immune system: -
1) A pure, protected yeast. Work by Dr. D. Cuddeford BSc (Hons), PhD at the Royal School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh University has shown that this exciting new form of yeast can significantly improve fibre digestibility in the horse. This allows horses to gain more benefit from the fibrous parts of their diet.
2) A mannan oligosaccharide (MOS). This is a natural sugar that occurs in yeast cell walls. It bonds with pathogenic (undesirable) bacteria, removing them from the gut, leaving the beneficial bacteria free to multiply. The combined effect of the two yeast products is a healthy gut environment with optimised digestive efficiency.
• Organic chelated minerals for improved availability.
• Many factors to help calm certain horses.
All in a non-GM formulation, with good quality protein and natural soya oil.
TopSpec Comprehensive Feed Balancer is available in 20kg sacks, which last a 500kg horse for 40 days or a 250kg pony for 80 days.
There have been no questions/answers for this product so far.
There have been no reviews for this product.