Item Number: ITRACONAZ
Itraconazole Capsules 100mg.
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis,
- Oral candidiasis
- Dermatophytoses caused by organisms susceptible to itraconazole (Trichophyton spp., Microsporum spp., Epidermophyton floccosum) e.g. tinea pedis, tinea cruris, tinea corporis, tinea manuum,
- Pityriasis versicolor,
- Onychomycoses caused by dermatophytes and/or yeasts,
- Systemic candidiasis,
- Cryptococcal infections (including cryptococcal meningitis). In immunosuppressed patients suffering from cryptococcosis and in patients with cryptococcosis of the CNS Itraconazole is indicated only if the usually recommended initial therapy seems to be inappropriate or ineffective
- Aspergillosis. Itraconazole can be used to treat patients suffering from invasive aspergillosis who were found to be refractory or intolerant to Amphotericin B
- Maintenance therapy in AIDS patients to prevent relapse of underlying fungal infection who were found to be refractory or intolerant to first-line systemic anti-fungal therapy is inappropriate or has proved ineffective.
Due to PK properties, orally administered itraconazole (capsules) should not be used as the initial treatment in patients with severe life-threatening forms of systemic mycoses. Oral forms should be used as a continuation therapy, after initial treatment with i.v. itraconazole (see section 4.4).
Consideration should be given to official guidance regarding the appropriate use of antifungal agents.
For full data sheet go to:https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5914/smpc
Yes this is a prescription only medication
Same as dispensed by vet but much cheaper.