Vitex4 Equids is an aqueous extract of the herb Vitex agnus castus (also known as Monk's Pepper or Chasteberry; part of the vervain family of plants). Vitex is a shrub grown widely along the river banks and in the valleys of the Mediterranean and Central Asiatic regions. After flowering in high summer, the plant develops dark brown fruit similar to peppercorns. It is these fruits that are dried and used in the preparation of Vitex4 Equids.
Vitex4 Equids is based on purified water, with no chemical additives or inclusions. Being 100% natural, it can be used in competition animals.
Vitex4 Equids is unique among herbal infusions in terms of the quality control procedures used during its preparation. Vitex4 Equids is made in a laboratory licensed under the UK Medicines Acts 1968 and 1971. This ensures an exceptionally high level of quality and conformity; the same quality as is necessary to produce the drugs you are prescribed by your doctor.
Vitex4 Equids is used to
1) control the effects of pituitary-dependent hormonal disorders
2) control aggressive or uncooperative behaviour in all equids
3) help mares to cycle regularly and show oestrus behaviour when in season so that "silent heats" are not missed
4) help maintain optimal progesterone concentrations, particularly in the early stages of pregnancy
5) control aggressive behaviour of mares in season
6) encourage mares to establish a regular cycle early in the breeding season
7) maintain excellent sperm quality in stallions
8) provide a sense of wellbeing in equids, particularly those with pituitary-dependent hormonal disorders, by modifying the sensitivity of mu-opiate receptors in the brain
How does Vitex4 Equids work?
A large amount of research on Vitex has been carried out in Germany, and according to Dr Rudolf Fritz Weiss Vitex acts on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands. The pituitary gland is the "conductor of the hormonal orchestra", governing digestion, metabolic rate, reproduction, behaviour, growth and ageing.
It is known that Vitex can modulate the secretion of reproductive hormones in the blood.
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
|Over £49.00||Any Weight||FREE*|
|Under £49.00||Under 250g||£2.49|
|Under £49.00||No weight limit||£4.99|
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
- Simply add an item to your basket
- Click view basket/Cart
- Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.
| Product Reviews |