Poultry Shield is a cleaner, sanitiser and odour neutraliser, designed for cleaning chicken housing and equipment. Its powerful detergent action dissolves dirt and grease, allowing for easier cleaning and also washing away mites and insects habitat. Poultry Shield can be used on any type of poultry house and is also safe to use with birds present.
Drinkers are potentially major sources of infection, particularly when sited in outdoor runs. Regular cleaning and disinfection greatly reduces the chance of spreading infection and biofilms.
To make 1 litre of Poultry Shield solution, add 100ml Poultry Shield concentrate to 900ml clean water.
If you are introducing new birds to a previously used coop/building we recommend the following steps to ensure that your chickens have the best start, we also recommend using this procedure as part of your regular cleaning regime, ensuring the best welfare standards for your birds:
1. Remove any old bedding and removable equipment.
2. Spray the interior of your hen house with Poultry Shield solution (a garden hand pump sprayer is ideal for this so you can give the hard to reach places a good soak); including all your nest boxes, perches and any other fittings. Pay particular attention to the roof joints and underneath your nest boxes and perches and then leave for an hour to thoroughly soak.
Please note that if you have a felt roof, ensure that the edges are completely stuck down, as this is a great habitat for red mite, Poultry Shield will not be able to clean between the felt and roof, as it simply cannot reach. If the felt has come away, the best advice would be to replace the roof with Onduline sheeting.
3. Following the hour’s soak, wash/brush clean your hen house, ensuring you wash away any debris.
4. All the equipment which had been removed before cleaning your hen house should be given a good wash with Poultry Shield; this will ensure everything has been cleaned and sanitised. For ease if you have a large bucket, you could fill this with Poultry Shield solution and leave to soak whilst you are cleaning the house. Then give them a brush and a rinse before putting back into your clean house.
Poultry Shield does not contain poisons.
It can be used in organic production - check with your association for further details.
Available in 1 or 5 litre concentrate, or 750ml ready to use trigger spray bottles.
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
|Over £49.00||Any Weight||FREE*|
|Under £49.00||Under 250g||£2.49|
|Under £49.00||No weight limit||£4.99|
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
- Simply add an item to your basket
- Click view basket/Cart
- Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.
| Product Reviews |