Oxbow Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food 425g.
Oxbow Alfalfa is a high-fiber legume hay with the same long-strand fiber found in grass hays, but with more protein, energy and calcium food for small animals. Alfalfa Hay is legume hay and the protein, calcium and energy content are higher than in grass hay. Because we take special care and bale at night, you will find that Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food have a soft stem with the leaves attached.
Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food is an outstanding feed for young animals. It contains more crude protein, digestible energy, and calcium levels than any other forage. In addition, it has the fiber content needed for normal digestive functioning. Alfalfa provides the essential calcium necessary for growing bones. Alfalfa is also a source of important minerals, including phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc and selenium.
Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food should not be fed to all animals. But if used carefully, in certain situations, it can be a valuable tool in nutritional management.
Due to it's succulent taste, Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food can be used as an appetite stimulant when an animal is ill or for post surgical patients. Because it is high in fiber, a small pinch can be given as a treat.
Growing Animals-Under 6 months of age:
Unlimited amounts plus free choice grass hay.
Mature Animals: Occasional small amounts.
Nursing Females: Unlimited amounts in addition to free choice grass hay
Alfalfa Hay should only be offered carefully to mature rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, and prairie dogs due to the higher protein and calcium content.
Many vets believe that animals prone to kidney stones, bladder stones or calcium crystals in their urine should always avoid alfalfa.
* Alfalfa Hay can be used to help animals gain weight and will give a nice shine to their fur.
* Elderly animals should be fed foods they enjoy, such as alfalfa, when considering quality of life.
* Alfalfa Hay can be used in small amounts as an appetite stimulant for thin or convalescing animals.
* Rabbits, guinea pigs and chinchillas under six months of age can be given Alfalfa Hay daily.
* After six months of age an animal should begin a gradual transition to 100% grass hay such as Oat Hay, Western Timothy Hay, Orchard Grass Hay or Brome Hay.
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
|Over £49.00||Any Weight||FREE*|
|Under £49.00||Under 250g||£2.49|
|Under £49.00||No weight limit||£4.99|
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
- Simply add an item to your basket
- Click view basket/Cart
- Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.
| Product Reviews |