Equidronate 500mg lyophilisate for solution for infusion.
For use in horses over 3 years of age as an aid in the treatment of clinical signs of lameness associated with bone spavin in combination with a controlled exercise regime.
Dosage and administration 1 mg of tiludronic acid per kg of bodyweight, corresponding to 5 ml of reconstituted solution per 100 kg, via intravenous infusion.
The method of administration below should be followed:
1. Using a sterile needle and a suitable sterile disposable syringe, remove 25 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride solution or 5% glucose solution from a 1 litre to 3 litre infusion container.
2. Add the 25 ml of isotonic sodium chloride or glucose solution to the vial of powder.
3. Shake until the powder is completely dissolved.
4. Adhering to strict aseptic technique, inject the reconstituted solution into the infusion container.
5. Gently invert the container several times.
6. Administer through a suitable needle or catheter inserted into the jugular vein and connected to the infusion container with sterile disposable infusion tubing.
The product should be infused over 30 minutes.
Do not shorten the time of infusion as this could increase the risk of the horse showing signs of colic during or after infusion.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
|Over £49.00||Any Weight||FREE*|
|Under £49.00||Under 250g||£2.49|
|Under £49.00||No weight limit||£4.99|
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
- Simply add an item to your basket
- Click view basket/Cart
- Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.