Suspension for injection.
Inactivated Newcastle Disease Virus, strain La Sota. One dose induces a GMT-HI titre of at least 27.0 in chicks per 0.2 ml dose. Also contains 1 mg carbomer 934 P as adjuvant and 20 µg thiomersal as preservative.
For the active immunisation of pigeons to prevent mortality and clinical signs due to paramyxovirus type 1 infection.
The onset of protection occurs one month after inoculation, the duration of protection is 12 months.
Dosage and administration
One dose (0.2ml) per pigeon.
The vaccine has to be administered by subcutaneous injection dorsally in the neck region (in the direction of the back). The vial has to be swirled several times before use.
1. Racing pigeons – All birds in the loft should be given one vaccination annually not less than 14 days before the beginning of the racing season. Young birds may be vaccinated with Colombovac PMV from 3 weeks of age when a single injection will provide immunity for 1 year. Following vaccination avoid contact with birds from other lofts for at least 14 days.
2. Show pigeons – All birds on the premises should be given one vaccination annually not less than 14 days before the beginning of the show season. Young birds may be vaccinated with Colombovac PMV from 3 weeks of age when a single injection will provide immunity for 1 year. Following vaccination, avoid contact with birds from other sources for at least 14 days.
1. Racing pigeons - All adult birds in the loft should be given a single booster vaccination annually. Where the annual booster vaccination may interfere with the training or racing programme, it may be brought forward prior to the commencement of each racing season.
2. Show pigeons - All adult birds on the premises should be given a single booster vaccination annually.
Contra-indications, warnings, etc
FOR ANIMAL TREATMENT ONLY
Do not use in unhealthy pigeons.
Do not vaccinate during the last 2 weeks prior to mating.
Do not use in birds in lay or within 4 weeks before the onset of the laying period.
Vaccination is safe in breeding birds provided they are vaccinated before the start of breeding.
No information is available on the safety and efficacy from the concurrent use of this vaccine with any other. It is therefore recommended that no other vaccines should be administered within 14 days before or after vaccination with this product.
Do not mix with any other vaccine or immunological product.
Less than 1% of pigeons show adverse reactions in the form of a small transient swelling at the site of injection.
An overdose may result in an increase of the degree of local reactions.
If you notice any serious effects or other effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your veterinary surgeon.
Not for intramuscular injection: Intramuscular injection causes severe adverse reactions.
Maternally-derived antibody (MDA) can interfere with the development of active immunity. Where it is likely that recent field infection or vaccination of the parent flock has stimulated a high antibody titre and consequently a high level of MDA, the timing of the vaccination programme should be planned accordingly.
In cases of hypersensitivity reactions treat immediately with glucocorticoid intravenously or adrenaline intramuscularly.
The incubation period for pigeon paramyxovirosis may be a few days to several weeks. However, after infection with the wild virus, pigeons excrete the virus from the eye and in the droppings within 3-4 days. This means that infected birds can be a danger to others some days before their own symptoms appear. Excretion of wild virus from the infected bird continues for up to 6 weeks. This information is important since, in addition to direct bird to bird contact at competitions and shows, the disease can be spread by indirect means such as hands, overalls, caps, boots and contaminated objects such as baskets and trucks.
An owner should forbid visits to the loft by anyone in contact with unvaccinated pigeons and new birds (either purchased or lent for mating) should not be brought in unless vaccinated at least 14 days previously.
In case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
Withdrawal period: Zero days.
Store and transport refrigerated (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. Protect from light.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Use entire contents of vial once opened.
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label.
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
|Over £49.00||Any Weight||FREE*|
|Under £49.00||Under 250g||£2.49|
|Under £49.00||No weight limit||£4.99|
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
- Simply add an item to your basket
- Click view basket/Cart
- Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.
| Product Reviews |