Amoxicillin is indicated for the treatment of the following infections in adults and children (see section 4.2, 4.4 and 5.1).
• Acute bacterial sinusitis
• Acute streptococcal tonsillitis and pharyngitis
• Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
• Community acquired pneumonia
• Acute otitis media
• Acute cystitis
• Acute pyelonephritis
• Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in pregnancy
• Typhoid and paratyphoid fevers
• Dental abscess with spreading cellulitis
• Prosthetic joint infections
• Helicobacter pylori eradication
• Lyme disease
Amoxicillin is also indicated for the prophylaxis of endocarditis. Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
4.2 Posology and method of administration
The dose of Amoxicillin that is selected to treat an individual infection should take into account:
• The expected pathogens and their likely susceptibility to antibacterial agents (see section 4.4)
• The severity and the site of infection
• The age, weight and renal function of the patient; as shown below
The duration of therapy should be determined by the type of infection and the response of the patient, and should generally be as short as possible. Some infections require longer periods of treatment (see section 4.4 regarding prolonged therapy).
For full data sheet go to:https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/526/smpc
Free shipping from Hyperdrug
|Over £49.00||Any Weight||FREE*|
|Under £49.00||Under 250g||£2.99|
|Under £49.00||No weight limit||£4.99|
Most orders are despatched the same day and standard delivery is 3 to 5 working days from despatch. FAST Expedited delivery options are available.
Estimated " Usually shipped in" information is shown against most products
Postage outside of the UK is from £4.95
Finding out delivery Charges and options before checkout
- Simply add an item to your basket
- Click view basket/Cart
- Click estimate shipping charges
*Free delivery and selected charges on orders over £49.00 mainland UK Parcelforce Zone1 for more information check the delivery info page.