Who are we?
We are proud of our history.
The pharmacy was established in 1828 in the market town of Thirsk where Alf White (better known as Vet and author “James Herriot”) came to work well over a hundred years later.
We have always specialised in veterinary products as well as the more usual human ranges and “Siegfried Farnon” relied upon us to prepare his recipes until his death in 1995.
After 172 years of expansion the business outgrew its original 4-storey Georgian property and
relocated to its current location a new purpose-built building of around 14,000 square feet. This houses the warehouse and offices and a “state of the art” manufacturing department whilst as a reminder of the past traditional chemist carboys and storage jars labelled with latin names are on
If things go wrong